Since helping people share their story is more important to me than making money, I often provide my services free or a VERY low cost. Because of that, I have a hard time getting the equipment to improve the quality of work.
I know this is a long shot, but I figured it can’t hurt… Below you’ll find a list of items I am looking to save up for/purchase that would go a long way to improving my capacity to help people tell their story. If you find yourself wanting to help me out, donating one of these items, or money towards one of them would be a great way to do so!
- Western Digital MyBook Thunderbolt Duo (8TB) – for larger capacity for editing and backups (I currently have no backup of my editing drives)
- Pegasus RAID Storage with Thundebolt R6 – This would be even more ideal than the WD MyBook, but A LOT more expensive
- Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors – for better mixing
- Logic Studio Pro – Better software to edit audio recordings with
- GoPro Hero 3, Black Edition – For good action shots
Canon SLR with 1080 video recording external mic input (Rebel t3i or t4i, 5D, 6D, 7D, etc) – Better pictures and studio set filming– just bought the Canon t4i 🙂 Mic Preamp – For good audio recording, using XLR mics– Just bought a JuicedLink Riggy Assist 3XLR, sounds AWESOME. Now I just need the mics to go with it Rode NTG3 Condenser Shotgun Microphone – For good audio recording
- Epson Discproducer™ PP-50 Blu-ray Duplicator – for mass production of projects
Fluid Head Tripod – For smoother panning and tilting when filming
- Mac Mini Server – Do I really need to explain this one? :p
These are some of my biggest needs, if you are interested in some of my smaller needs, you can check out my Amazon Wish List!